TYPES OF MEDIA FOR SUBMISSION
What’s acceptable for submission:
- Artwork drawn in either traditional media, such as pencil, pen, markers or digital media, such as Painter, Photoshop, Illustrator or Oekaki.
- 3D rendered images and sculptures.
- Arts and crafts
What’s not acceptable for submission:
- Wallpapers, Skins, avatars and signatures made with official artwork, anime screen caps, or sprites. (Basically, nothing made for forum, desktop or icon use. We might be opening up a section just for that later, but none of it in fan art please)
- Sprites and Sprite comics
If you’re not sure if your submission will be accepted, PLEASE email Tabby. She won’t bite.
- All submissions must be your own creation. Submitting other peoples’ creations, tracing other peoples’ artwork as a base, or editting official or other’s fanart is prohibited. Basically, if I take it in photoshop, and lay them over another image, and they match, it violates the rules. If you are found to be doing either of these, you will most likely lose your gallery privileges after the situation is reviewed.
- All submissions must be Mega Man related in general. You may, however, post your own Mega Man themed fan characters, or non-Mega Man characters appearing with Mega Man characters. You may also draw other peoples’ fan characters provided you have their permission.
- While we are fairly lenient toward content in submissions, this is a site that minors can view and therefore excessively violent (gore, exaggerated anguish) or adult natured (nudity, sexual innuendo) art won’t be accepted. Ultimately we have the final say on what is and isn’t acceptable.
- Though we do not emphasize the quality of submissions, which is subjective, we will deny submissions if we feel it doesn’t have enough effort. The fan art gallery is primarily for people who enjoy creating and exhibiting their creations. You are expected to put time, effort and appreciation into your work, and if you do so you will very likely be okay. Don’t second guess your own talent.
WGA-SPECIFIC EXTRA GUIDELINES
- Because this particular submission will be shown on the front page for everyone to see, we will be more strict about its content than regular artwork. It is best to avoid any questionable or provocative subjects.
- By submitting, you agree to allow it to remain in the gift art archive. If for some reason you do not want your work in the archive then you should not submit anything.
- The WGA is not a place to advertise your site or product. No links will be allowed within the text or comments.
Submission process for a gallery: Simply register for a username on our coppermine gallery! Registration is automatic, and you should be able to start uploading right away!
Submission process for WGA: When you have your image ready, simply mail it to us. The weekly gift art works on a queue, and they will be posted in the order they are submitted. Please only submit one at a time, and include your IMAGE, NAME AND WGA SUBMISSION in the subject or in the body of the email everytime. (I’m too braindead to remember names with emails all the time).
Send WGA submissions to thetabbers [AT] gmail.com