Wow, is there anyone out there who doesn't know about this yet? For all the tips we've received about this, it wouldn't be a surprise.
Bandai Namco Games has announced the sequel to 2013's Nintendo 3DS fan-service-filled strategy game, Project X (pronounced "cross," not "ex") Zone for a release in both Japan and the West in Autumn 2015. There isn't a whole lot else to show, but there is a trailer which reveals some of the roster you can expect to find upon its release:
In addition to X and Zero once again representing the Mega Man franchise for Capcom, other characters slated to appear in Project X Zone 2 (subtitled "Brave New World" in Japan) are as follows:
- Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine from Capcom's Resident Evil Revelations
- Leon S. Kennedy from Capcom's Resident Evil 6
- Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima from SEGA's Yakuza: Dead Souls
- Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifo from Bandai Namco's Tales of Vesperia
- Dante (classic style) and Vergil from Capcom's Devil May Cry
- Erica Fontaine and Ichiro Ogami from SEGA's Sakura Wars
- Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima from Bandai Namco's Tekken
- Akira Yuki and Kage-Maru from SEGA's Virtua Fighter
- Kite from Bandai Namco's .hack//
- Haseo from Bandai Namco's .hack//G.U.
- Strider Hiryu from Capcom's Strider
- Hotsuma from SEGA's Shinobi
- Natsu from Bandai Namco's SoulCalibur V
"And More", with the promise of an ever-changing world and "miraculous encounters."
Among the others from the Mega Man franchise who might show up, one might remember that in the previous installment, Tron Bonne and the Servbots from Mega Man Legends put in an appearance, while X and Zero were joined by Vile and Iris from their own series. In the original game, Namco X Capcom, Tron Bonne and the Servbots were also joined by MegaMan Volnutt, Roll Caskett, and MegaMan Juno.
Will any of them return? Only time will tell.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in, and if you're interested in bookmarking the official website (there's not much there right now), click here.