A little over a year ago, we shared with you the Kickstarter plight of one Preston Poland, who sought to develop a classic table-top role playing game inspired by the likes of Mega Man (as well as Transformers and Gundam). Thanks to 153 backers, the project was funded "with gusto," and The Robot Age became a reality.
Fast-forward to today, and The Robotic Age is looking to the future with-- what else? --an expansion, and for that, they're looking to the stars... and to Kickstarter once again, as they set their sights on Mars. As with any good expansion, expanded rules, a new mecha class, and new features are the order of the day.
What's more, any backers who support this branch of the project will get the Customization packets from the original game with their expansion pack, and some new fan-suggested Custom packets as well, including:
- The Robotic Age T: Revenge of the Moon: Extinction- This sequel packet contains additional, more obscure, rules for Robotic Age T taken from the cartoon and movies.
- The Robotic Age eXe- This packets contains rules for cyberspace support units that help protect the net from viruses and hackers.
- The Robotic Age TTGL- This packet contains the rules to play as the human resistance fighting against their oppressors with Face-Mechs. Fill your heart with spiraling energy and pierce the heavens with your blade!
If these sound familiar, we're told that these are basically following the premises of Transformers, Mega Man Battle Network, and Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann, respectively. To get them, you can simply add $5 each to your current pledge, or $10 for all three. Additionally, an addition of $5 can also get you all four of the previous add-ons:
- The Robotic Age X - This customization packet will explain how to run a game where everyone is an android trying to make the world a better place, despite being built by warring mad scientists.
- The Robotic Age T - This customization packet will explain how to run a game where everyone is a giant robot from an alien world fighting a civil war. Said giant robots might also be able to change their form.
- The Robotic Age G - This customization packet will explain how to run a game where everyone is a teenage human pilot of giant robotic mecha fighting a war in space.
- The Robotic Age R - This customization packet will explain how to run a game where everyday teenagers are given powerful suits that enhance their normal fighting abilities as well as giant robots needed to defend earth.
We'll just let you guess what each of these are.
If you're interested in pledging to the Kickstarter, just click here, where as of this writing, 136 backers have contributed $1,743 towards the $4,500 goal with 15 days left on the clock.
Thanks to Chaos Wolf for getting us up to speed on this!