Just a reminder for everyone that this weekend, starting at noon EST on Saturday, October 26th, I'll be holding the Sonic Lost World "First Play" Charity Marathon to benefit the Sick Kids Foundation. Joining me will be Ian Flynn, writer of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man comics.
When the time comes, you can check it out at live.nyteworks.net, or go directly to Twitch.TV or YouTube to view. Over the course of the marathon, we'll also have a chat running, so you can ask questions of us as well. And while this is a Sonic-focused event, it's not like we're going to deny our respective involvement with Mega Man, so we might even take a few such questions related to that topic as well.
From there, it gets even better: On the website, you'll see that we'll be raffling off a number of prizes over the course of the event as well, with winners selected from those who purchase a "ticket" by donating a certain amount to Sick Kids (and yes, you can buy more than one). Among the prizes being featured are:
- Four green Sonic Lost World lanyards from the Sonic Boom 2013 convention, featuring images of the Deadly Six and Sonic on one side, and the game’s logo on the other
- Four digital one-year subscriptions to Nintendo Force magazine.
- 12 different Archie Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe comic collections and magazines.
- Four hardcover first editions of UDON Entertainment’s The History of Sonic the Hedgehog book.
And the two big ones:
- One customized Sonic Lost World “thank you” illustration, featuring the winner’s name, by fan-favorite Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man artist Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante!
- One Wii U Deluxe Set from Nintendo with a copy of Sonic Lost World.