In addition to the presence of Archie Comics at this weekend's New York Comic-Con (October 13th to 17th at New York City’s Javits Center), Capcom will also have a presence there, with a full lineup of events announced in a press release issued earlier this morning. As far as we know, there are no plans for a Mega Man presence there (outside of the aforementioned Archie stuff), but on Sunday, October 16th in room 1A06 of the American Airlines Theater from 12:15 to 1:15pm, they will be holding a "World of Capcom" panel. Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath are set to be the highlights, as well as Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, but the panel will be capped off by a Q&A session, and we're quite sure that plenty of you undoubtedly have questions. Just try to keep it civil, okay?
Also, from 2:45 to 3:45 pm the day prior (Saturday, October 15th, for those who need it spelled out), the same room will play host to an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 panel. Presentations, pummellings (in-game, of course), and prizes will be the order of the day, and this too will have a Q&A session. Again, please keep it civil-- you have every right to be angry, but at least try to be dignified about it.
Finally (as far as this site is concerned), they will also be set up right by the entrance to the Exhibit Hall in booth #722 throughout the weekend, so there will be plenty of opportunity there to make your voices heard.
Of course, you need not be the lone voice in the crowd when it comes to supporting the Blue Bomber. Commander Blues, of our affiliate Mega Man Legends Station, plans to have a booth of his own at New York Comic-Con called "NYCC Team Legends" to raise awareness and support from fans for Mega Man Legends 3, if not Mega Man in general. The announcement was tentative and awaiting further confirmation, however, but we have not been able to find the update amidst the flood of posts on the 100,000 Strong Facebook group.
Incidentally, if they did get the booth, wouldn't it be fantastic if they were set up right across from Capcom? Just saying...
Update: In addition to some substantiation in the comments below, Protodude apparently found the updated post in question, which notes that Capcom of Japan has apparently taken notice of their presence, plus the following video:
"What we need to do is prove to Capcom's decision makers that there is a big enough fanbase to support this game," says Jake Hans, of Get Me Off the Moon International Strategies. "We are so inspired by the series, that we are willing to market the game at NYCC 2011 for Capcom! We were literally one step away from being able to support Legends 3 with our wallets."
If you would like to take part, you can contact the organizers at email@example.com.
The group adds, "Just to be sure everything is clear, our objective is not to hurt Capcom's image but rather improve the image of the Mega Man Legends series. The truth is the Legends 3 team included key staff members on Monster Hun[t]er, Lost Planet, and Basara (Source). Attacking Capcom is counterproductive to the cause since it is essentially attacking the Legends 3 team members who worked so hard."
You can read up more on the effort and other related projects here.
For the full scoop on Capcom at NYCC, check out the press release below:
Capcom will be at New York Comic-Con 2011 with an incredible line-up of activities and special surprises. Capcom will be located right at the entrance of the Exhibit Hall in booth #722 which is sure to be a can’t miss hub of activity for fans: playable demos of the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games, daily tournaments, signing sessions, and special deals at the Capcom store.
Please see below for additional information and stay tuned to Capcom-Unity for updates at http://www.capcom-unity.com/
• STREET FIGHTER – Legendary Street Fighter producer, Yoshinori Ono will provide the latest update on the highly anticipated fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken - the ultimate fighting game team up! Come hear, firsthand, just what is in store for your favorite Street Fighter and Tekken characters in this explosive genre defining game. Street Fighter fans are encouraged to come in costume as Capcom deems Friday to be "Street Fighter Day!" Some lucky fans may be called onstage to demonstrate their mad fighting skills firsthand to win awesome prizes! Followed by a Q&A session plus some special surprises! Friday, October 14, 5:15 – 6:16pm in the American Airlines Theater 1A06
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – The wait's almost over as the much anticipated follow up to last year's monster fighting hit is only a month from launch. Come to this panel to hear the latest news about this legendary fighting game franchise straight from producer Ryota Niitsuma. Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek as well as a chance to come onstage to showcase your fighting skills against each other for fantastic prizes. Followed by a Q&A session. Saturday, Oct 15, 2:45 – 3:45 pm in the American Airlines Theater 1A06
• Resident Evil – Share in the joy of Resident Evil! 2011 marks the 15th anniversary of the legendary video game franchise that gave fear a face and horror a home. Capcom declares Saturday to be "Resident Evil Day," so please come dressed as your favorite classic and new RE characters! Come find out the latest information about the newest entries to the Resident Evil franchise: the brutal truth behind Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City with producer, Rey Jimenez, Resident Evil Revelations for the Nintendo 3DS, the gorgeous re-imagining of Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD, plus some surprises! Followed by a Q&A session. Saturday, October 15, 6:15 – 7:15pm in the MTV Theater 1A10
• World of Capcom – Capcom continues to entertain its fans with the best games in the industry. Fans won't want to miss this opportunity to learn firsthand about Capcom's newest hit properties, Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath, as well as the latest on the just released Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Executive Producer, Jason Leigh. Followed by a Q&A session. Sunday, Oct 16, 12:15 – 1:15pm in the American Airlines Theater 1A06
• Play the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games before they come out in stores! Playable demos include: Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil Revelations, Street Fighter X Tekken, Asura’s Wrath, Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Street Fighter IV: Volt.
• Tournaments will be happening in the heart of Capcom’s booth Friday through Sunday at 11am-12pm for Street Fighter X Tekken and 2-3pm for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Signup daily at the Capcom booth from 9-10am. A special Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Tournament will take place on Saturday from 4-5pm.
• Capcom producers and artists will be hosting signing sessions at various times during the show.
• The Capcom store will once again offer special merchandise and limited edition items, in addition to the ever popular Grab Bag filled with awesome Capcom goodies.
• There will also be additional special promotions and giveaways galore, so attendees are encouraged to visit the booth often.
• New York Comic Con is the setting for the SFXT BOWL MMXI! Street Fighter X Tekken fans will get to cheer on superstar producers Yoshinori Ono (Street Fighter) and Katzuhiro Harada (Tekken) as they don full football gear, and draft select fans from the crowd to join them in a series of football challenges on a custom indoor SFXT football field. Cheerleaders will lead the crowds as we find out just which fighter franchise has the best fans of all. Fun for the whole family as well as tons of custom SFXT BOWL premiums such as Tshirts, bang bang sticks, foam fingers, and more! Saturday, OCT 15, level 1- Exhibit Hall 1B, Noon - 1pm.