Mega Man Legends 3 is one of the most exciting prospects to hit the community in ages. It is a game fans have passionately begged for going on 10 years now, and it's finally happening. What's more, we don't have to wait long to get our first taste if this oft-requested title. The Prototype Version will be out quite soon! Of course, you need to have the hardware to give it a spin, and that's what we're here to help you with. We want to hook you up with a Nintendo 3DS, and we're trying out one of our most unique contests yet. Capcom has called for immense fan support to show how strongly Legends 3 is desired. It may even tip the balance of whether or not the game is greenlit! (Though, in all honesty, we're still very confident about it!)
So if you want to have that 3DS, what we're going to have you do is promote Mega Man Legends 3! For the month of May, whatever means you have to generate awareness for Legends 3, do it! The more creative and the more effective, the better!
We've never done anything quite like this, so be sure you read all the details and instructions very closely. And remember, as much as you're doing this to win, do it for Mega Man Legends 3 too! While there can only be one grand prize winner, everyone is essentially helping out the game!
- One grand prize winner will receive a brand new Nintendo 3DS game system, a D-Arts Rockman X figure, a Mega Man Legends 3 poster, a Servbot Bobble Bud, and first selection in the special prize grab.
- One second place winner will receive a D-Arts Rockman X figure, a Mega Man Legends 3 poster, a Servbot Bobble Bud, and second selection in the special prize grab.
- One third place winner will receive a D-Arts Rockman X figure, a Mega Man Legends 3 poster, a Servbot Bobble Bud, and third selection in the special prize grab.
- Two runner ups will receive a Mega Man Legends 3 poster and a Servbot Bobble Bud.
!!!IMPORTANT!!! We can only provide a Nintendo 3DS for residents of North America. If you live outside of North America and still wish to participate, please see the "Questions" section of this page down below.
The special prize grab includes a variation Mega Man Legends 3 poster signed by the game development team, a complete though worn copy of Mega Man X, and a complete copy of Mega Man 8. Please see this article for more detailed information about each of the prizes.
Your objective is to devise and execute a promotion campaign for Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version for the month of May. You can use any kind of media and any means to promote the game. Examples include making a viral video, making and giving out fliers, starting a group over social networking services, etc. Anything that gets the word out and makes people take notice is a possible idea.
To a degree, we will judge entries based on how creative and interesting they are to us. However, it's not enough to just come up with a project, we also want it to get results. So, we will also judge on how much exposure you can get via your project. This is especially true if you can show that your project convinces people to take interest in the game, or even purchase it. Therefore, you need to plan ahead a bit, since you will need time for your project to generate a response. This will be extremely difficult if you wait until the last minute!
Also, please be aware that this is probably the most subjective and open contest we've ever run. We recommend you make a very strong plan for this, and really put your heart into it. If all you're concerned about is the prize, this will probably affect the "voice" of your promotion.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Your project cannot involve anything disruptive, harmful or illegal. We are not liable for any criminal activity you may undertake, and it's not worth prison time for a Nintendo 3DS!
- Your project cannot make use of any content that is vulgar or offensive. We will disqualify any projects with such material, and we reserve the right to judge what is and is not vulgar and offensive.
- Your project cannot involve or be promoted on The Mega Man Network (this website). It would cause undue bias and, honestly, we already ARE promoting Legends 3! We will disqualify your entry if we find out an element of your project is something you sent to us to post under false pretenses.
- Even if you have the means, try not to spend a lot of money on this, or any at all. If you have that much cash to blow, you may as well buy the 3DS yourself!
- We may update the terms and conditions of this contest while it's in progress, most likely depending on how the contest progresses. We will notify about any major changes publicly.
- Do I get to choose which color of 3DS I receive? - Ideally, yes, we will not purchase the system until a winner has been selected and notified. However, since we don't exactly have a huge budget, should the 3DS go on sale during the month of May we might pick one up in advance, if it's a good value. It will most likely be blue.
- Can I enter if I already have a Nintendo 3DS? - We'd prefer it if entrants didn't already own a 3DS, but hey, we won't stop you. If you end up giving it away or selling it, just be sure the person who receives it buys the Prototype Version when the eShop goes up!
- How do I win the prize if I live outside of North America? - Because of the regional settings on the Nintendo 3DS (which will probably affect the eShop), and because of the price differences in other countries, we cannot purchase and mail you a Nintendo 3DS. However, we are willing to send you the monetary equivalent of a Nintendo 3DS purchased in the United States. The most effective means of doing this is via PayPal. If you cannot use PayPal, a money order of some sort will have to do. It would behoove you to check into what is the most effective means of receiving money in your country before you enter.
- May other people work with me on my project? - This is fine, but of course there can only be a single winner. You should make your intentions clear to anybody else you get to help you out.
- How can I promote my project? - This is up to you to figure out. We will say, however, that the internet is the best means to promote your project (not to mention it doesn't cost you a cent in most cases). If you make something interesting and appealing enough, you might get other gaming news and game hobbyist sites to spread the word on it if you report it to them.
- Can my project use multiple types of media/components? - Generally this ought to be fine, as there are no restrictions to the amount of effort you put into this. We do recommend that everything you do has some sort of consistent theme or "branding" to it, and that each element complements every other part of the promotion. You want your project to have the biggest possible impact with viewers, and this will be more difficult if it's all over the place, not to mention more difficult to present to us as a whole package. Still, with how open the terms are for this contest, don't get too worried over it. As long as you aren't breaking the rules you can't really do anything "wrong."
By entering this contest, you agree to present your home mailing address should you win so that we can mail you your prize. If you are under the age of 15, you should get consent from your parents to give out your mailing address before entering. We are not responsible for any trouble you might get into with your parents should they not agree to giving your home address. Additionally, this is a contest about promotion and may involve bringing personal attention to yourself. Consider this before acting on your project.
After you have deployed your project and received feedback from it, email us with the details and results of your project. You may mail us multiple times with updates to your progress if you desire, so long as they come before the contest deadline. Please send all updates as replies to the original mail, using the same address. You must be able to back up every claim you make in your entry!
CLOSED. See the results.